December 31, 2011

Owning January - one meal at a time

I sat down last week and scheduled out meals for the entire month of January. Here is the menu. I'll post the recipes before each week so you can prepare your menu for your family.

I'm trying to get back in the saddle of owning what my family eats one meal at a time. Won't you join me? What you are cooking this month?

Here's what we're eating this month.

January Monthly Menu

Week of January 1

Typically, I only plan Monday through Thursday, but with the sale on pork ribs, I’m cooking those up this Sunday for a special Sunday dinner. Also, please note that my shopping lists might not be all inclusive. I don’t list stuff that I know I will always have on hand.

Sunday – Pork shoulder ribs with barbeque sauce (Cooks.com), mashed potatoes and frozen veggie

Monday – Stuffed shells (three cheese and spinach), garlic bread and veggies

Tuesday – Steak stir fry, brown rice

Wednesday – Chicken with marinade, sweet potato fries, peas

Thursday – Lemon and herb salmon packets (Betty Crocker Quick Fixes)

Week of January 9

Monday – Baked Ziti (Biggest Loser), garlic bread and Caesar salad

Tuesday – Taco night

Wednesday – Turkey brats, baked beans and fruit cup

Thursday – Italian white beans and chicken (Betty Crocker Quick Fixes), biscuits

Week of January 16

Monday – Chicken nachos (Accent Health), fruit cocktail

Tuesday – Spaghetti and meatballs, green beans, garlic bread

Wednesday – Tequila Lime Chicken (Better Homes and Gardens Fast and Fresh), brown rice, frozen veggies

Thursday – Herb Pork Loin Roast (Biggest Loser), sweet potato fries

Week of January 23

Monday – Pasta with Trees (Rachael Ray), applesauce

Tuesday – Taco Tuesday

Wednesday – Tilapia with tomatoes and olives (Biggest Loser)

Thursday - Chicken stuffing casserole

No comments:

Post a Comment