July 4, 2010

What's cookin' for the 4th?

The 4th of July is a time to stop and remember how blessed and fortunate we are to live in this country. Because of so many amazing men and women who fought for our country – some making the ultimate sacrifice – we enjoy an incredible freedom that we so often take for granted. The fact that I can write this blog and that you can read it is a great example of our freedom that so many other countries do not get to enjoy.

This past week I was part of a prayer and praise gathering for our new church property and we stopped for a minute just to be thankful for being out in the open to pray to and praise God. As a woman, I can go to work and pursue the career of my choice and I don’t take that for granted!

We live in an amazing country and we have AMAZING people who believe wholeheartedly in our country that they are willing to sacrifice their lives to protect it. I am truly grateful for these amazing people and the fantastic families that support them and keep the world moving while their loved ones are gone.

Take some time this week to stop and remember all the wonderful freedoms we enjoy every day!

As with many others, this is a crazy week in our house. Cookout today, business trip for me this week and then we are going on a road trip this weekend. Needless to say, there isn’t much time for cooking. It’s weeks like this that I’m glad I can cook ahead and have food in the freezer. We are going to give the stove a break this week and try to use up some freezer meals or make some quick and tasty salads. My goal this week is to watch what I’m eating while I’m away and make smart choices with every meal and every snack.

Have a fantastic week! If you are looking for great meals this week, look back to some of the previous menus for great ideas that are quick, healthy and affordable!

OWN WHAT YOUR FAMILY EATS…EVEN ON BUSY WEEKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment